Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Farm Life...
Braxton and I got a little taste of farming on Monday! I always tease Brad when he takes Braxton to go ride in a tractor, not being sure which one has more fun...but now I GET IT!!! We had the opportunity on Monday to ride in a VERY large tractor and combine!!! WOW!!! What an experience for me! Obviously growing up in town I never really new much about the farming process, and I'm sure I still don't, but I did learn a few things! Braxton and I rode along and did a little "disk riping"???, and then got to ride in the "ombine" as Braxton calls it! HOW FUN!!! The few hours we were in there felt like minutes...I'm sure most farmers don't exactly feel that way! THANK YOU to the whole Bender clan for the FUN night!!! We can't wait to come back and 'play' again:)
I didn't get a very good picture, but this is the tractor we rode in...it was too dark to get pictures of the 'ombine'...
Braxton enjoyed a Sunday afternoon at the Pumpkin Patch by Norfolk...
I was SO shocked that he wanted to ride on this horse....he ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!
While daddy was deer/turkey hunting, Braxton seemed to have better luck seeing deer... He even got to feed it!
What a cute little apple tree:)I apologize for taking these pictures in the dark...this view is from the very top level of our yard looking North west...the house you see is Jerry's and the shed is Formaneks...and it will get a drain tube put in this week, along with the gravel and then slowly get back filled...
This angle is where I took a previous picture where my dad, Brad, and Braxton once stood (also where my garden was).I am standing in Jerry's yard looking Southeast and that is our garage with the light on...
This shot is standing in the alley looking West...and that dirt pile will be leveled out...
And another shot in the alley looking further West...
I have had so many people wonder what we are doing in our back yard, nope, it's not a building, not an addition, not a swimming pool, it's just a big ol wall that Jerry and Formaneks get to look at:) I hope these pictures made a little sense, and I apologize because I'm sure someone tomorrow will tell me I was off on my directions! Imagine that! If ya get our way feel free to stop and check it out, we get that a lot:)
Happy Week ahead to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment