Sunday, October 16, 2011

BuCkEt LiSt



I guess you could say I've always thought it would be fun to do a marathon!!! I know, I know!!! NO ONE takes me as a runner, and let me be the first to tell you, I AM NOT! But, I have been attempting jogging for awhile now. There was a Run, Walk, & Roll event hosted by the Columbus Hospital, so it was a great chance for me to get started with runs! They had a 1mile, and a 5K...since I'm "new" to this, I just thought the mile would be fun, later realizing that I actually can run 5k (S-l-o-w-l-y), it was too late to do...but, the mile was a GREAT experience, and it was perfect for my very first race!!! Keep in mind, I haven't ran since high school...10 YEARS AGO...I am quite proud that I haven't quit or chickened out!!:) I have a lot of great friends who run 5K, half marathons, and even marathons, so I really envy them..someday maybe I will be at the half marathon..but for now, I'm just aiming towards a 5K for my next race! I had a good friend tell me how addicting it is...and I get it now! I CANNOT wait to do it again! I was curious how it all worked...there are people at the start holding up the 6minute pace signs...yea...I kept walking..next, 7minute sign...yep, kept walking again...finally found my spot...the '9minute pace' sign...just what I like to see--:) I have to say, it was totally differenet running against 400 people, than it is by yourself around the town of Lindsay at 10pm! Braxton was feeling much better Saturday morning, so him and Brad were great supporters for me at the finish line:) I love my boys!!!!!!!!


Braxton & me before the race
Braxton thought this was a really cool thing! He kept telling me I had to take it home with us:)
---Just so ya'll know, I know I'm a dork..anyone can run a mile...but it's a big accomplishment for me!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment